Our Learning-to-Ride Rider courses are a good starting point for most people who have already made the decision that motorcycling may enhance the quality of their life and want to get started the best possible way. This series provides the basic mental and physical skills for riding. In some states, these courses, either alone or in combination, provide a waiver of the written and/or riding licensing tests. Prerequisites: A person should be able to balance/ride a bicycle, and should possess either a driver’s license or motorcycle learner’s permit. Prerequisites may vary by jurisdiction. The best place for a new rider to start once they’ve made the decision to ride. Successful completion of this course and its knowledge and skill tests.Training configuration is 5x5x10.The first 5 refers to the 5 -hour Level 1 (L1) formal classroom (replaces the MSF Basic eCourse ), the second 5 refers to the all -new 5 -hour Level 2 (L 2)behavioral content, and the 10 refers to the 10 hours of new range exercises(conducted over two days), may serve as a license test waiver program in some states. Motorcycles and helmets are provided for your use during the course. Also, a course completion card may provide a rider an insurance discount. The best place for a new rider to start once they’ve made the decision to ride.
ALL CLASSES WILL START AT 7:00 A.M (Saturday & Sunday).DON’T BE LATE. CLASSES ARE HELD AT 1104 SW19TH STREET MOORE 73170. RANGE EXERCISES ARE HELD AT 5915 YORK DRIVE NORMAN 73160. This class will waive the Riding Tests for “M” Endorsement. UNDER 18,PLEASE BRING BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO THE CLASS,MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN. OVER 18,PLEASE BRING DRIVERS LICENSE/LEARNERS PERMIT(IF YOU HAVE ONE). Computer E-course is included in the cost of the BRC and a link, with instructions, will be sent after enrollment and all the fees are paid(Basic RiderCourse Cost: $250.00,Basic RiderCourse2 Cost: $200.00 ,3WBasic RiderCourse Cost: $250.00 a 3% service fee on all credit card transactions). This eCourse must be completed prior to class, it takes approximately 2 1/2 hrs to complete
Required Riding Gear & Documents
1. Pic of eCourse Completion Certificate
2. D.O.T Helmet (Must bring your own Due to COVID-19)
3. Full-fingered gloves (Must bring your own Due to COVID-19)
4. Long sleeve shirt
5. Long sturdy pants (No holes)
6. Over the ankle shoes or boots
7. Eye protection (face shield on helmet, goggles, sunglasses, or eyeglasses)
8. We Provide Motorcycle.
Steps to Obtain your Motorcycle License
Motorcycle License ONLY :
Step 1: Successfully complete the MSF course with OKLAHOMA MOTORCYCLE SCHOOL
Step 2:To apply for a motorcycle license between the ages of 14 to 16 you must appear before a Driver License Examiner. You must present the required documentation for identification and school requirements; take a vision, the Basic “Rules of the Road” exam and a Motorcycle Safety Foundation completion card from OKLAHOMA MOTORCYCLE SCHOOL. Individuals under the age of 16 must hold a motorcycle permit for 30 days. After the restricted license has been held for 30 days a motorcycle-only license will be issued. If the individual has their Class D license with a learner “car” permit (restriction 9), the licensee will be issued their motorcycle license (endorsement M) with a “9” restriction for a car.
Anyone between the ages of 14-16 restricted to:
- With a piston displacement not to exceed three hundred (300) cubic centimeters;
- Between the hours of 4:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. only;
- While wearing approved protective headgear; and
- While accompanied by and receiving instruction from any person who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age and who is properly licensed pursuant to the laws of this state to operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle, and who has visual contact with the restricted license.
- Per Title 47 11-805 No person shall operate any motorcycle at a speed greater than the legally posted speed limit; provided, in no event nor at any time shall an operator under the age of sixteen (16) years drive a motorcycle on a highway which has a minimum speed limit established and posted.
- Per Title 47 11-805 No person shall operate any motor-driven cycle at a speed greater than the legally posted speed limit; provided, in no event nor at any time shall any operator drive a motor-driven cycle at a speed greater than thirty-five (35) miles per hour.
Motorcycle Endorsement: You must first have a valid Oklahoma Driver License or Learners Permit, then pass the Motorcycle Endorsement Test.
Oklahoma's #1 Motorcycle Safety course
The Basic Rider Course is a 20 hour safety program, which provides classroom and actual motorcycle operator training in a controlled, off-street environment. No experience is necessary; a good sense of balance is required (you must be able to ride a bicycle).
So why is Precision Driving School #1
Smaller motorcycle safety class sizes (8 students per class).
More one-on-one time with instructors to facilitate a student’s individual needs.
We are located in a range of Purcell, Moore, and OKC Oklahoma.
We are certified by MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation).
We are licensed by the Oklahoma Department of Public Saftey.